Opportunities for young professionals to get more involved in our member-led groups
As an Associate, you will get a chance to work closely with current Co-Chairs, interact with members and prospective members, and contribute SID-US events. This role will be focused on managing Workgroup/Network communications platforms and support interaction between Co-Chairs and members. Associates will be expected to commit 2-5 hours per week over the course of one year, with a possible chance of extension for a second year.
Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity and not an internship or full-time role with SID-US. This volunteer position will be filled on a rolling basis.
- Manage virtual communication channels such as LinkedIn groups
- Implement communication and social media strategies to promote Workgroup/Network activities
- Facilitate topic-based conversations leading up to and after events
- Contribute articles and post-event summaries to the SID-US blog
- Collaborate with Workgroup & Network Co-Chairs to engage members through various platforms
- Each Workgroup or Network Associate will support at least one Workgroup or Network during their term.
- Must be a SID-US member or member affiliate (includes employee/student of an Institutional Member)
- Young professional or graduate student (between ages 18 to 32)
- Must have an understanding of and experience with social media and communications platforms, specifically LinkedIn and Twitter
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Commitment to attending Workgroup/Network events as needed
- Ability to work collaboratively with Workgroup/Network Co-Chairs and SID-US staff