All our program associate positions are filled at this time.
An internship at SID-US is an invaluable opportunity for young people interested in pursuing a career in international development. As a Program Associate, you will engage with many professionals and organizations working in international development – perhaps even your future employer.
SID-US requires a minimum of 25 hours per week. The SID-US office follows a hybrid work format, and team members typically work in person at least once a week. Interested candidates outside of the Washington, DC area are still encouraged to apply if willing to relocate for this opportunity. On occasion, SID-US is open to remote interns based on the applicants experience and availability.
Internship cycles are typically:
- January - June
- July - December
The exact start and end dates for the internship are negotiable. Additionally, the SID-US staff is committed to helping dedicated individuals find jobs, build their resumes, and develop skills critical to future success in the professional sphere.
- Perform general administrative duties (including answering general inquiries, managing phone and voicemail lines, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- Work closely with our staff to do the following:
- Assist with program development, planning, and logistics for SID-US events and programs
- Assist with planning for SID-US’s Annual Events (Career Fair, Annual Conference, Annual Dinner)
- Write event summaries to be published on our website
- Develop outreach and marketing materials
- Support the SID-US staff in providing deliverables for the SID-US' Board of Directors' committees
- Assist with various communications initiatives including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and website maintenance
- Academic and/or work experience in international development; international relations; communications and/or event planning preferred
- Ability to solve problems creatively, pay meticulous attention to detail, and work well on a small team
- Possess initiative and the ability to work independently, while also being receptive to direction
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and retain an optimistic outlook under pressure
- Strong commitment to international development
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with social media management, including scheduling and planning platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with Adobe Acrobat, Canva, and HTML a plus
- Ability to work with consideration towards course scheduling