Submit a Blog Pitch
SID-US Blog Guidelines
- Focus can be on one or more topics, issues, regions. Provide the background and explain the why and the how regarding the focus of your article. Work backwards - make sure your headline aligns with your article as a whole.
- Articles should not be self-promotional and should focus on an issue, not an organization. Your article can include mention of projects or areas of expertise pertaining to organizations, but it should not be an advertisement.
- Articles can include external resources to support your writing – website links, other articles, photos, etc.
- Articles must be original and not repurposed from other blogs, websites, publications or similar sources they may have appeared in.
- Articles cannot be critical of other SID-US Institutional or Individual Members.
- Articles must be apolitical or bipartisan and cannot align with a political identity.
- Articles with two or more writers are encouraged. All collaborative articles must include writers from different organizations.
- All information and opinions expressed in the article are of the writer and not of SID-US or its membership as a whole.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA)
SID-United States is committed to elevating our work on diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). SID-US prioritizes DEIA through our Workgroups, Networks, programs, members, Board, and strategic plan. Our goal is to amplify underrepresented and historically excluded voices in the SID-US community and around the world, especially, but not limited to those who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC); women, genderqueer, non-binary, LGBTQIA+; people with disabilities; and those from formerly or currently colonized countries. SID-US will ensure that articles published through our blog are inclusive, diverse, accessible, and representative of the international development community that we serve.
How to Submit
Are you interested in submitting an article to our blog? Please fill out the form below to pitch your article. In your submission, include a headline and a short paragraph on the topic of your article, following the guidelines above. Please note that sending in a pitch does not guarantee that your article will be published. If your pitch is selected, you will be contacted directly by a SID-US member with more information.
This form is for Institutional Members (IMs), individual members, and partner organizations of SID-United States to pitch a blog to be published on our website.
For any questions regarding this form or about the submissions, please email [email protected].